|Subject||Announcement and Important Dates of 2016 EASE DCA|
|Writer||Headquarter of EASE (admin)|
Announcement of 2016 EASE Distinguished Contribution Awards
Based on the decision of EASE Executive committee, for 2016 EASE Distinguished Contribution Awards (DCA), the DCA Committee seeks to identify individuals whose research or service has made significant impacts on and extraordinary contributions to science education in the Constituent Regions and beyond.
EASE members who would like to be or to recommend a nominee should send a name or names of nominee(s) to the DCA Committee (email@example.com, Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan) along with no more than one page of recommendation for each nominee.
The Association desires to recognize and reward individuals who have made significant impacts and extraordinary contributions to science education in the Constituent Regions, either through research (EASE Distinguished Research Award) or through service (EASE Distinguished Service Award). For each Award, no more than two Awards are given biennially when the EASE General Assembly is held. The DCA Committee is responsible for soliciting nominations for these awards, reviewing nominations, and recommending awardees to the EASE Executive member Board.
The recipients of the Awards should have contributed over a period of at least 20 years of his or her career as a science educator. The awards are the highest recognition EASE can bestow for contributions to science education through exemplary, high quality research or lifelong service.
The Distinguished Research Award (DRA) should be awarded to an individual who has:
(a) made extraordinary contributions to science education through research;
(b) made original and substantial impact on science education through research;
(c) led to opening of new research areas or methodology in science education; or
(d) provided notable leadership in promoting science education research.
The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) should be awarded to an individual who has:
(a) made extraordinary contributions to science education through service;
(b) made original and substantial impact on science education through service;
(c) led to opening of new practice areas or visions in science education; or
(d) provided notable leadership in promoting science education activity.
1) The call for nomination goes out in the spring. EASE members who would like to be or to recommend a nominee should send a name or names of nominee(s) to the Committee along with no more than one page of recommendation for each nominee.
April 20 or before- Call for the nomination (Headquarters)
May 20 - Deadline for the nomination (mail to the DCA Committee: (firstname.lastname@example.org, Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan)
2) The role of the members of the DCA Committee will be limited to reviewing nominations, deliberating about the nominees, and voting to select winners. Committee members will not be engaged with nominating candidates for the DCA Awards.
3) The DCA Committee chair contacts all persons on the shortlist asking if they wish to be considered for the nomination. Those accepting a nomination will be asked to submit a CV. The nominators need to provide a one-page nomination letter of the person.
May 27 or before – Contacts nominees and nominators
June 10 - Deadline for the submission of CV and the nomination letter (mail to the DCA Committee: (email@example.com, Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan)
4) The Committee reviews all CVs and one-page nominations and makes a final decision and reports the decision to the DCA Committee chair.
5) The DCA Committee chair informs the final results of the selection process to the president of EASE. The president, after the Executive’s approval of the results, informs the award recipients by telephone or e-mail and sends consolation letters to other finalists. The president signs or electronically endorses the official letter of notification.
The President informs the award recipients for inviting their possible participation and sends consolation letters to other finalists. The Headquarters arranges the preparation for the Plaques and the Official Awarding Letters.
The Awarding will be on the 2016 EASE General Assembly or Closing Ceremony of the 2016 EASE Conference (Tokyo, 26-28 August).
|54||NARST Sandra K. Abell Research Institute for...||Headquarter of EASE||2017-02-06||3676|
|53||ASTE 2018 in Baltimore||Young-Shin Park||2017-02-06||2955|
|52||EASE 2018 international conference in Taiwan||Young-Shin Park||2017-02-06||36844|
|51||the 15th International Conference on Educat...||Headquarter of EASE||2016-09-19||10440|
|50||Call for chapter proposal||Headquarter of EASE||2016-09-05||3673|
|49||New blog to watch- SESIM (Center for the Stu...||Headquarter of EASE||2016-08-18||6174|
|48||Announcement of EASE2016 Tokyo Conference Aw...||Young-Shin Park||2016-05-31||4815|
|47||Announcement and Important Dates of 2016 EAS...||Headquarter of EASE||2016-04-21||5326|
|46||EASE 2016 in Tokyo abstract submission due d...||Young-Shin Park||2016-04-15||3055|
|45||ISMTEC 2016 [STEM education][Thailand]||Young-Shin Park||2016-03-03||4496|