|Subject||Announcement of 2018 EASE Distinguished Contribution Awards|
|Writer||Headquarter of EASE (admin)|
Announcement of 2018 EASE Distinguished Contribution Awards
Based on the decision of EASE Executive committee, for 2018 EASE Distinguished Contribution Awards (DCA), the DCA Committee seeks to identify individuals whose research or service has made significant impacts on and extraordinary contributions to science education in the Constituent Regions and beyond.
EASE members who would like to put forward nominations should send the nomination form to the DCA Committee (Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan, email@example.com). All nominees who agreed to be nominated and are shortlisted will be required to send in a full CV. All nominations will be kept confidential by the secretary at the headquarters and the DCA Committee.
Only EASE members can put forward nominations. You can join EASE through login http://theease.org/signup.php and paying your membership at http://theease.org/signin.php .
The Association desires to recognize and reward individuals who have made significant impacts and extraordinary contributions to science education in the Constituent Regions, either through research (EASE Distinguished Research Award) or through service (EASE Distinguished Service Award). For each Award, no more than a total of ten awards for the two categories of awards are given biennially when the EASE General Assembly is held. Among the ten awards, each region will be allocated in principle one award each in the category of Research or Service. Should there be unfilled awards due to a lack of nominations for any region, nominations from other regions will be considered. It is, however, not necessary for all the ten awards to be distributed. The DCA Committee is responsible for soliciting nominations for these awards, reviewing nominations, and recommending awardees to the EASE Executive member Board.
The recipients of the Awards should have contributed over a period of at least 20 years of his or her career as a science educator. The awards are the highest recognition EASE can bestow for contributions to science education through exemplary, high quality research or lifelong service.
The Distinguished Research Award (DRA) should be awarded to an individual who has:
(a) made extraordinary contributions to science education through research;
(b) made original and substantial impact on science education through research;
(c) led to opening of new research areas or methodology in science education; or
(d) provided notable leadership in promoting science education research.
The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) should be awarded to an individual who has:
(a) made extraordinary contributions to science education through service;
(b) made original and substantial impact on science education through service;
(c) led to opening of new practice areas or visions in science education; or
(d) provided notable leadership in promoting science education activity.
1) The call for nomination will be issued in May 2018. EASE members who would like to be or to recommend a nominee should send a name or names of nominee(s) to the Committee along with no more than one page of recommendation for each nominee. The EASE member making the nominations would need to have a valid membership status, that is, have paid the membership fees. There will be one representative from each region to sit on the Committee. The representatives joining the Committee should not be engaged in nominating candidates for the DCA Awards.
7 May - Call for the nomination (Headquarters)
27 May - Deadline for the nomination (email to the DCA Committee: Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan, firstname.lastname@example.org,)
2) The role of the members of the DCA Committee will be limited to reviewing nominations, deliberating about the nominees, and voting to select winners.
3) The DCA Committee chair contacts all persons on the shortlist asking if they wish to be considered for the nomination. Those accepting the nomination will be asked to submit a full CV. The nominators need to complete a nomination form which includes a one-page nomination letter of the nominee.
28 May - Contact nominees and nominators
18 June - Deadline for the submission of CV and the nomination letter (email to the DCA Committee: Secretary at the Headquarters, Dr. Peter Wan, email@example.com)
4) The Committee chair will lead the members to review all CVs and one-page nominations, and makes a final decision and reports the decision to the secretary of the Headquarters. The decision of the DCA is final.
5) The DCA Committee chair informs the final results of the selection process to the secretary of the Headquarters. The President, informs the award recipients by telephone or e-mail and sends consolation letters to other finalists. The president signs or electronically endorses the official letter of notification.
The President informs the award recipients for inviting their possible participation and sends consolation letters to other finalists. The Headquarters arranges the preparation for the Plaques and the Official Awarding Letters.
The Awarding will be on the 2018 EASE General Assembly (Hualien Taiwan, 29 November – 2 December).
|61||Faculty Position in Science Education: Natio...||Headquarter of EASE||2018-09-04||3253|
|60||Announcement of 2018 EASE Distinguished Cont...||Headquarter of EASE||2018-05-05||6577|
|59||CALL FOR REVIEWERS_ Journal of Science Teach...||Headquarter of EASE||2017-09-13||6269|
|58||ASTE (Associaiton for Science Teacher Educat...||Young-Shin Park||2017-07-05||4551|
|57||ASTE 2018 at Baltimore (Jan 6-8 )||Young-Shin Park||2017-06-20||4385|
|56||WERA focal meeting adn HKERA international ...||Young-Shin Park||2017-03-07||6359|
|55||CALL FOR REVIEWERS CITE science education ...||Young-Shin Park||2017-02-07||4367|
|54||NARST Sandra K. Abell Research Institute for...||Headquarter of EASE||2017-02-06||2778|
|53||ASTE 2018 in Baltimore||Young-Shin Park||2017-02-06||2111|
|52||EASE 2018 international conference in Taiwan||Young-Shin Park||2017-02-06||31426|